Home > USA > News
ITALY @ BIO INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION 2017
19-22 June 2017 - San Diego Convention Center - Italy Pavilion # 1711
Spirit of innovation, excellence in scientific research and vision of the future; Italy has all the credentials to be able to play a leading role in the field of biotechnology. A sector industry devoted to research and renewal, which can provide answers to many questions and urgent needs such as public health, environment and society.
The Italian Biotech industry has grown rapidly over the last ten years and has now firmly established itself thanks to the flourishing 541 biotech companies, 289 which are active in the field of human health ‚ÄĒ with specific reference to therapeutic and diagnostic applications ‚ÄĒ and 148 of them are dedicated biotech R&D firms. In regards to other fields of application 48 companies are active in Green biotech,141 are active in White biotech fields; in the field of GPET there are 63 companies mainly active in big data to accelerate the global transition to personalized medicine.
Referring to the bio-economy, Italy is among the leaders in Europe with a turnover of 251 billion euros and 1.65 million employees.
The picture of the Italian biotech presents positive aspects and opportunities:
- A dynamic sector with a high level of innovation and strategy for future economic growth.
- An extremely competitive national reality, which has significantly grown over the past years and still, shows the capacity to overcome the cyclic nature, which is typical of other industrial sectors.
- A first-rate quality research with several dedicated centers testified by the excellent performance of our researchers.
- An excellent scientific community with strong international interactions.
- A strong product pipeline.
- An outstanding capacity of our companies to transform innovation into valuable products and enterprise value.
Due to the small number of specialized VC and seed capital investors in the biotechnology field, Italy represents a huge basin of good opportunities for investors from abroad.
The Italian Pavilion, organized by the ITALIAN TRADE AGENCY-LOS ANGELES in collaboration with ASSOBIOTEC, is showcasing the following companies: ACCELERA; APTUIT; BIOMAT; BOMI ITALIA; CAPUA BIOSERVICES; CLIOSS; ERA ENDOSCOPY; INVEST IN TUSCANY; LEANFA; MASOTTI BERGER CASSELLA; OLON; OPIS; PLASTICA ALFA; REMEMBRANE; STUDIO TORTA.